Monday, April 03, 2006

I fell off the wagon today...

No, I wasn't back home in Sherwood playing 'tip the cow' with the old John Deere. What happened today was a relapse. I had been hooked for years, the habit was engrained in my very fiber, so much a part of me that I felt empty without it. One misstep, though, and three months of abstinence, of living without, came rushing back like the Red Sea. That’s right, I'm an eBay addict. While it has been months since I have bought or sold on this devilishly addicting site, it all changed today. One innocent bid led to another and, before you know it, you've bid on 27 items, some of which you don't even remember seeing. Since I've kicked the habit before I know the signs when you are being sucked back into the endless bidding bliss that is eBay, but I realized others may not be so fortunate. Therefore, being the kind, gentle, always thinking of others guy I am, I put together a small list of signs you are addicted to eBay....

  • Your wife asks if you want a glass of Milk for breakfast and you ask her what the BIN price is.
  • Your pup does a #2 and your first thought after cleaning it up is what category it would sell best under.
  • At the gas station, you keep asking the attendant which pump has the best feedback.
  • Your closet is organized by eBay categories.
  • You won't accept your wifes advances because you are waiting to see if a better offer comes in.
  • You don't know how to drive to the dry cleaners, but you know overnight, priority, and ground ship prices to Taiwan.
  • Your wife wonders where all the knick knacks have gone to.... and is curious as to why the dogs run and hide when they see the digital camera come out.
  • You spend more time with your new friend 'Paypal' than your wife.
  • You can't remember your wedding anniversary, but you always seem to know when they have 10 cent listing days.
  • Your best Happy Hour pickup line is, 'want to see my private feedback?'
  • You know the lyrics to Weird Al Yankovic's parody song, 'eBay'.

Cool, I'm highest bidder now, have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home